Work Group 5
ISG3 Meeting Goals and PlansThe overall goal of the Third SLAC-KEK ISG meeting is to review the progress of each working group and to make specific plans for future work. The ISG will publish a progress report by the end of the 1999 calendar year. A specific task for this meeting is to create an outline of this progress report and to agree on the detailed design and R&D goals to be achieved in time for its preparation.
- WG5: RF Modeling [Y. H. Chin (KEK), A. Vlieks (SLAC), and S. Tantawi (SLAC)], Yellow Rm., A&E Bldg.
Discuss and review plans for design and testing of high-power components. Review performance expectations for various pulsed-power systems. Outline goals for the remainder of the year and discuss longer range ideas and plans for development and testing of high-power components and systems.
Monday AM Monday PM RF Window: Review of Present Status & Plan Tuesday AM
RF Instability Study (MAGIC3D, field matching method, etc.) + More Precise Modeling of Klyston.
Tuesday PM Review of Present Status & Plan
- Preparation of & Status of Mechanical Design of RF Components - Fant
Component Design Development
- Component Design Methodology based on a circular to rectangular tapers and status report - Tantawi
- Taper Design
- Square Bend
- Introduction ot the launcher & extractor problems.
- Rectangular Components - Nantista/Kroll
- Bypass bend
- Some thoughts on the TE12 mode & the use of Elleptical Guides - Kroll
- Active RF Compents (Switcher) Development - Tantawi/Tamura
Wednesday AM Review of the Preparation of Mode-Stability Experiment at ATF.
- Theoretical - Tantawi
- Experimental - Chin
- Preparation of Pump-Outs & Diagnostics - Fant
- What Effects we want to measure
- High Power Conditioning (Joint activity with RF Structure WG)
- Various Pulse Compression Schemes (Joint session with Parameter WG)
- Comparison between different pulse Compression Systems - Tantawi
- High RF energy problems (Joint session with Sructures WG)
- Some thoughts on high power handling capabilities of components - Tantawi
- Experimental (Proposals)
Go back to NLC Home Page. Go back to ISG Page.
This page created and updated on 1/22/99 by Nixx.